Position : Network And Computer Systems Administrator
Location : IL
Education : Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Applications, or a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent.
Job Responsibilities :
- Determine organization’s network and computer system needs before setting one up. Gather system requirements such as hardware and software applications and making budget plan based on the requirements in order to purchase needs.
- Review the organization Network and systems setup monthly to enhance its performance and negotiating with software and hardware vendor companies for effective operational costs.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Install all network hardware and software and make needed upgrades and repairs; responsible for setting up hardware, installing and upgrading operating systems and software applications; install configure and maintain persona computer networks, network servers; perform migration activities.
- Maintain network and computer system security and ensure that all systems are operating correctly by monitoring switches and routers connections; install and update security patches; install and configure network policy server role on active directory and configure network access protection to achieve user’s compliance to have updated anti-virus and enable firewall settings; monitoring network topology, server logs, VPN server logs as a part of network security and update the router access list to help identify suspicious web activities; and install security updates for operating systems and software applications.
- Test and implement new network and WAN monitoring software for Unifi Fiber optic router, and configured Unifi wireless router for the organization.
- Maintain the installation and configuration of multiple server roles including Mail Server, SQL, DNS, DHCP, etc. allowing for server roles to continuously function.
- Interpret and solve problems when a user or an automated monitoring system alerts them that one exists; resolve software issues on servers and user systems by checking logs, troubleshooting SAP transaction code issues faced by users and resolving user login issues on various servers like Ice warp, accounts, application servers, SAP server and fixing VPN access issues for users by checking logs.
- Troubleshoot issues with email server and phone connections, updating junk mailing list on Ice warp mail server, fixing hardware issues, fixing printers, scanners and other devices, resolving software issues on servers and user systems by checking logs.
- Monitor server data and collect hardware and software data in order to evaluate and optimize network or system performance; monitor network drives mapped from storage server and application access and check minimum requirements for software applications and monitor the usage.
- Add and remove users to and from a network and assign and update security permissions on the network
- Train users in the proper use of hardware and software applications
Send resume & specify position you are seeking to :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call : 847-952-0000
135 E. Algonquin RD, Suite# B, Arlington Heights, IL 60005